Is my blog about anything other than my baby? Why yes, there is also my baking.
My mom's company had a bake sale this week, and she thought it would be smashing to make my famed tuxedo strawberries (see "Did You Know Buddy the Cake Boss Has His Own Cooking Show?" post). I happily agreed - they were so much fun to make, and I knew they would sell like hot cakes (all proceeds went to Ronald McDonald House).
When I made tuxedo strawberries the first time, I made approximately a dozen. This time, approximately 8 DOZEN. I finished about half during the day, and when my mom got home from work, she helped me finish the rest, slide 2 each into cellophane baggies, affix adorable star stickers to enclose, and pack into a cooler. We were up until about 10:30 p.m., and we darn near filled the cooler. It was quite a sight to behold
That cooler doesn't look full to you? That's because after we cleaned the kitchen up, took this picture and patted ourselves on the back, we found another full tray hiding in the fridge, still in need of being packaged and placed in the cooler. My poor mom was already an hour past her bedtime, but did she scream and pull her hair out? Nope - she laughed and pulled the packing supplies back out. The apple did not fall far from the tree on this one - we suffer for our art.
No comments:
Post a Comment