Sunday, August 21, 2011

I Swear, She Says "Mama"

Though she adamantly refuses to in this video  : )
But I have officially cataloged her first word as "mama" because she repeats it, and looks for me when other people say it. It really blows my mind.  My friend Kelly put it perfectly:  she still looks like a baby, but does big kid stuff.  Sometimes I can't believe how she motors around, processes information, and generally outsmarts me.  I guess I was thinking she wouldn't have cognitive skills until she was a teenager?  She is already shaking her head "no"; like when I want a kiss.  But then she turns right to grandpy and kisses him. *sigh*.  And the other day, I was lying in the way of her crawling path.  She sat up and assessed the situation, discovered the way around the coffee table was clear, and crawled back the length of the living room to go around it.  As I watched her through the underside of the table, she giggled at me.  Little stinker.  There is so much more, and every day I am reminded of how smart she already is.  It is so neat to watch, and I love seeing her develop into a little person.

No comments:

Post a Comment