Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Her First Food!

As a breastfeeding mother, I was very excited to give Lydia her first food - baby rice cereal.  Breast milk is digested FAST, so it seemed my growing daughter was always hungry.  I researched the cereal selections and chose a very impressive organic formula with antioxidants and probiotics.  I also decided to spoon-feed her (rather than adding the cereal to a bottle) because evidence supports that this method teaches babies the difference between hunger and thirst.  I had my cereal and baby spoons - ready to rock! I mixed the cereal with breast milk so it would be a little more familiar to her...and away we went
Now, I had tried some of the dry cereal, and it was GOOD!  A little sweet, melted upon contact with the tongue, pleasantly nutty aftertaste...
Yeah, doesn't look like Lydia shared my love of the cereal.  She continued to make faces like this throughout feeding, and most of it ended up on her bib.  Everyone tells me this is what babies do when they are introduced to new foods, so I just have to keep giving it to her.  Poor kid.

1 comment:

  1. What kind did you end up buying? I'm going off-island tomorrow and I think I'm gonna pick some up...

    ReplyDelete